I have a lot to get to today so I thought I’d throw up a couple of bullet points.
- Not being a Nerdist fan, I have just stumbled upon Bizarre States with Andrew Bowser and Jessica Chobot via my early access to alpha. I’ve watched four episodes so far and I’m totally sucked in. I am generally a sucker for these types of shows anyway, especially when there’s an ‘everyman/woman’ element to them, sprinkled with some light-heartedness. I’m generally over-serious, so Bizarre States gives me a chance to soak up some paranormalist news and relax a bit.
- Yes, it’s true, I’m dipping my toes into Alpha. Lot of great content there. Alpha Book Club, Tabletop, Talk Machina and Critical Role, the aforementioned Bizarre States. Will it last? Hard to say, but I’m willing to give it a shot.
- Kim and I just finished Bag of Bones by Stephen King. I thought I had read it years before, but if I had, I didn’t remember a lick of it. I’m a King fan, and there was a lot lot to like in this ghost story, but man, that thing could have been half as long.
- I picked up Alan Moore’s Jerusalem and I am both eager and terrified to get started. Kim sort of selected Mystic River by Dennis Lehane for our next book club read, so I may put it off for a wee bit, but, yeah, Moore…
- I can’t believe Hallowe’en Weekend is here already. And there’s a New Moon on Devil’s Night…
- The Skyrim Special Edition came out today. For all intents and purposes, Kim and I will probably be empty-nesters for the entire month of November. I foresee Connor being lost somewhere in Tamriel for quite some time. I’ve got to admit, I’m a tad bit jealous.
- I’m really looking forward to launching Last Writes next week. I’ve got some great guests lined up including Gordon White, Michael Hughes, Kelli Owen, Maurice Broaddus, and my ‘occult detective’ mates Josh Reynolds, Willie Meikle, and Greg Mitchell. And more. Lots more. This is going to be frighteningly insightful.
- So what Hallowe’en films do I plan on catching this weekend? Sleepy Hollow, perhaps, maybe The Crow. I really want to sit Kim and Conn down and have them watch House of Dark Shadows, mainly because they make me suffer through the Johnny Depp remake far too often. One movie I know for a fact we’re watching has really nothing at all to do with Hallowe’en and that’s Star Trek Insurrection. We’ve been watching our way through all of Trekdom, having put the Original Series and movies and Next Generation behind us. Once we get through the Next Gen movies we can finally tackle Deep Space Nine, my personal favorite of the Trek experience.
- After the terrific reveal at the end of last week’s The Exorcist on FOX, tonight’s episode should be a make or break situation. My expectations are through the freaking roof.
- Remember OCCULT DETECTIVE: The Roleplaying Game? Still working on it. A painfully slow but exhilarating process. Playtesting on the afternoon of Devil’s Night.
- But Bob, Hallowe’en is almost over and you haven’t discussed any of your paranormal adventures yet. Monday. Saving it for Monday.
- Don’t forget All Hallow’s Read. Give a scary book for Hallowe’en. Please.
- Last bullet. I’m working on a secret project, something that sort of ties together my love for both authentic esoterica and occult fiction, and I couldn’t be happier. If I can pull this off, with a little help from my friends, this will be something for the ages.